Diabetes Care In Action Network
PROfile Pharmacists have successfully completed a Diabetes Care In Action (DCIA) continuing education program designed to enhance their skills, expertise, and knowledge about the many aspects of diabetes management.
Pharmacy patients of Sobeys Pharmacy are eligible to join the Diabetes Care In Action Network. Key benefits of this membership include:
- A free subscription to the "Diabetes Care In Action Newsletter", delivered to your home eight times per year (includes information on the latest research and developments in diabetes management as well as practical self-care strategies)
- A personal copy of the "Diabetes Care In Action Self-Care Guide" with tips on blood glucose monitoring, meal planning, and foot care
- Support, products, services, and information for people with diabetes and those who care for them
- Regular updates on the latest developments and new products in diabetes management
- Help from pharmacists who have a special interest and commitment to diabetes care
- Information on diabetes management, recipes, and meal planning
- Opportunity to submit your questions to be answered in the newsletter
- Opportunity to share your personal story and offer encouragement to other people dealing with diabetes
- Advance notice and invitations for events such as the Diabetes Care In Action Network Forum
Patients affected by diabetes are also invited to participate in our periodic community education events. We focus on meal planning and nutrition -- the area of diabetes management where our members tell us they need more information and support. The unique format produces an interactive evening where our PROfile Pharmacist, dietitian, chef, and the participants share their experiences and expertise.
For more information or to register for this program, talk to your PROfile Pharmacist.